- In Blogger, go to the "Template" tab (or click "Layout" in the Dashboard), then "Page Elements," then "Add A Page Element" (if you don't already have a link list set up), then "link list."
- Click on "add new link" and put the URL in the "New Site URL" field.
- Upload the image that you want to use. I put them on a page on my site, then right-click on the image, go to "properties," and copy the text of the location.
- Here's the tricky part: under "New Site Name" type the following:
< img src = "put your link here">
replace the put your link here text with your link text, but be sure to leave the quotes, and don't forget the final semicolon.
- Click "save changes" and you're finished!
Monday, July 09, 2007
How To: Adding Linked Pictures in the Sidebar
It seems like there are certain things I don't do often enough to memorize, but I do them often enough that I feel like I should remember. Here's a tutorial of one of those things, adding a linked picture to the sidebar. I use them in my "Current KALs" section of my sidebar.