I still haven't managed to take a decent picture of my Mystery Stole 3, but I did pin it out and steam block it. It's a good thing I did, because Melanie gave us some info that is pretty darn important: at Clue 3, 1/3 of the shawl is finished unless you want to make it longer.
So here you go, two bad pictures:
You probably can't see the numbers on that "blocking pad" (it's a portable ironing pad), but it's almost 28" wide and 44" long. That's significantly bigger than Melanie's stole (which blocked to 20" wide) but then I'm a lot bigger than she is.
I weighed the ball of yarn that I have left and it came to 54 grams. That's good, because that's a little under 1/3 of my yarn used. I started out with one 100 gram hank and wound off 50 grams from another hank and dyed it all up in one pot.
So I'm 1/3 of the way through the project, and I've used 46 grams of 150 grams, or 404.8 yards of 1200. Whew! I won't be cutting to too close, but there's not enough to add in an extra repeat. Not that I'd have to anyway, since my shawl is going to end up being 133" long!!
I've been spinning up the purple merino (shown a few posts ago) and I'm really loving it! I've divided it up into thirds to make a three-ply yarn, and I have just a tiny bit left to go of my first third. Pictures with the flash are pretty icky, so maybe tomorrow I'll get some good natural-light ones.
We went to the Tulsa Zoo today with some friends, and my brain is totally fried. It was 95 degrees F when we left, and then we went to Joe's Crab Shack and listened to Greg's boss' friend's band (whew, that's convoluted) for a while out in the heat some more, so I'm going to shower and go to bed. We had a great time though!