Wow, I'm really doing well with the creative titles lately, huh?
Those are my Victorian Lace Socks from the SixSoxKAL group. I love them! It was my first time doing a short-row toe and it's now my favorite. I grafted them together on the top just below the end of the lace, and if I hadn't told you, you wouldn't be able to tell.
Here's a different view (crappy, with flash) last night after I finished the grafting on the first sock:
And a pic of the bottom, showing the neat striping of the yarn. This is stuff I dyed a while back for some cuffs on a different sock and I still have a bit left after this pair. I haven't weighed it to see exactly how much I have, but not a whole lot.
Yes, the variegation does obscure the lace pattern, but I can certainly live with it. I really like these!
Now for the spinning portion of the post.
This is half of the 4 ounces I have (wound onto an empty toilet paper tube). It's so hard to capture the angelina that's in there, and the singles just sparkle with it in person. So much so that I'm kind of wondering if it's too much. [I kind of doubt it, but we'll see.]
It took me a long time to spin up this and I suspect it'll take me even longer to spin up the second half of the top. I sure am looking forward to plying it and seeing how it looks.
And just because, here's a gratuitous extra shot of the singles.
This is some Ashland Bay Merino that I also got at the Snake River Fiber Fair, and I'm just thrilled with how it's spinning up!
As I was winding it onto the tube I noticed that it's nowhere near as even as I thought it was as I was spinning it, but I think it'll be all right. I've divided the 8 ounces into thirds and this is the first third. I'm going to make a 3-ply yarn and it'll probably end up being close to worsted-weight. We'll see though--I'm still at the stage of spinning where things don't turn out quite the way I anticipated.
Thanks for reading, and thanks for all the nice comments on my Mystery Stole!