Saturday, April 25, 2009

Alpaca Farm tour

This morning the kids and I went to a local alpaca farm, Broken Arrow Alpacas, and had a great time!

The kids got to pet some brand-new (10-day old) Great Pyrenees puppies:

And feed and pet some alpacas.






What beautiful animals!




After petting the alpacas and puppies, they showed us the bags full of sheared fiber and the roving and yarn that was for sale. I think we (the Tulsa Handspinners) bought more than half of what they had, and one of the other members (thanks Karin!) talked me into taking half of Rosie's fiber from the next shearing, which will probably be in the next few weeks. (I'm not sure which animal is Rosie but I don't think I got a picture of her.) Rosie is one of the white alpacas.

I bought three 1.75 ounce balls of fawn roving, and they threw in a bag of the fiber from the neck and shoulders. It's *so* soft!

Now I want to go spin. :-)

I hope you all are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Marianne said...

It was fun wasn't it! I enjoyed seeing all the alpaca but whoa, the dogs and puppies, makes me want one :^)
Mmmm, white alpaca, very pretty.

Congrats on the new fridge!