Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day here, and we planted a whole bunch of flowers. I'd wanted to put up some hanging baskets in the front and I found some self-watering pots that were perfect. I put some hangers on the posts in the front, and in a few weeks the pots should fill out and I'll have pretty trailing petunias!


Greg mowed the lawn after I took that picture and it looks really pretty.
The perspective in that picture is a little off—I promise the house doesn't have weird angles the way it appears to!

In other planting news, the potatoes survived the cold snap last week and are thriving:

The dogwood in the front is also pretty with its pink blossoms:


And yesterday we got a patio set! I'm so excited! The next project is to build a pergola-type thing for some shade. We decided not to get an umbrella since the winds here aren't kind to umbrellas. We've seen a lot of glass-topped tables smashed because the wind grabs the umbrella (even when it's closed!) and tips over the table. This set is all metal and matches the bench that I bought almost 8 years ago.


As you can see from the pictures above, yesterday was a beautiful day. The rain/thunder started at about 1:00 in the morning and the rain hasn't stopped since!

We had a fun (but quick) Easter egg hunt this morning, and the Easter Bunny brought Lego kits for the kids. Ryan got a dump truck and Gillian got a Darth Vader ship from the original Star Wars movies. They've had a great time putting them together today.

I hope you've all had a great weekend, and Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Grandmavickey said...

Hi. What fun you are having! Everything looks great and I love the Dogwood picture. Sounds as if you had a fun easter weekend. I went to the Hebron Cemetery to take pictures of grave markers for Find a Grave. It was rainy but enjoyable. Keep up the good work.