Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's been busy around here!

The last 24 hours or so have been quite busy around here, getting ready for a new refrigerator!

I know, you're thinking that we're crazy to be so excited about a new fridge, but the old one was 18 years old (I bought it when my parents moved out) and it's been moved many times. The ice maker had died once and the fridge motor was running almost continuously, so I think this new fridge is going to make a huge difference in our energy consumption.

Here's a pic of the old one:

The towel taped to the counter is because there's some really, really sharp tile there and I didn't want to scar the brand new fridge. We'll be putting some wood there to keep the new one in good condition.

Here's the new fridge:


It's HUGE! 22.9 cubic feet. So far it's fabulous! We went for the freezer on the bottom and the french doors (obviously) and I think it's going to be really, really nice.

Here's DD, wanting to be the first to put stuff in the new fridge:


I'm tired. Moving food (and refrigerators) around and cleaning to get ready has made me tired, so I'm going to bed.

I hope you're all having a great week!

No comments: