Thursday, September 22, 2005

Baby Booties and Yarn Types

Well, I've started another project, which makes 5 projects on the needles:

1.) Non-Henley henley, which needs some serious frogging and is stalled
2.) Kiri shawl, which is progressing nicely, if slowly...I'm on repeat 14 and I'm working toward 18....
3.) Anemone gaiter (which I won't post a picture of yet--maybe in a few months after I've submitted it...)
4.) Christmas gift for one of my best girlfriends Kathy
5.) Baby booties from Last-Minute Gifts

The other two projects on my list to the right don't count because they're not on the needles at the moment. Right??

I swore I wouldn't have a bunch of projects going at once. HA!
The baby booties are for my daughter's teacher's aid at school (pre-K program) who is due October 14, I think. Better get my butt in gear, which is why I jumped in and started these.

Now if only I could get GAUGE with the yarn I want to use! It's just not happening. The yarn is sinfully soft--kind of feels like polar fleece, but softer--and I really want to use it. I'm thinking that I'll figure out the difference between my gauge swatch and the necessary gauge, and calculate the difference for casting on, etc. I'll probably fail miserably, and they'll probably take me two weeks to finish (they're "supposed" to be under an hour each), then I'll end up buckling under and buying the suggested yarn for $24 a ball.... Wish me luck!

And for my entertainment/time-wasting segment, here's my result for the "what kind of yarn are you?" quiz:

You are Merino Wool.
You are Merino Wool.
You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to
keep you close because you are so softhearted.
You love to be comfortable and warm from your
head to your toes.


What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by QuizillaE

No comments: