Sunday, September 04, 2005

Rip-it, rip-it....

Looking at my Kiri on Friday night, I realized that I had a funky error on my Kiri a few rows back. No problem, I'll just drop some stitches out, I thought....


Two hours later, I was back to being able to purl back. Now it actually only took me a half-hour once the house was quiet and the kids were in bed. So that's about five times of knitting it back up, dropping it out again. Sigh.

I've done another repeat since then and everything is going much better. I really do think it was faster to drop the stitches back rather than rip out to that point. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I really should know better than to work on this shawl at 1:00 in the morning, but I just can't bring myself to not work on it at least a little bit every day. I'd like to have it done by next week for the K.N.I.T. meeting (which isn't going to happen, I know, but at least it's a goal...). I've got the pattern down enough that I think I might be able to take it to the meeting to work on it, though. We'll see.

In daily family life news, we're working on building a wooden play set for the kiddos. Well, DH is working on it and I'm either distracting the kids or handing him stuff. I did design it, though. DD is about to pop with anticipation.

I still can't believe what's been happening with people and Hurricane Katrina, both the good and the bad. I'm so horrified by the entire situation that I'm not going to say anything else. I think Joan has said it about the best (http://knittinggrandma.blogspot.com/).

And on that happy note, I'll go back outside and help the great backyard project.

No comments: