Thursday, January 18, 2007

Knitting various things

I realized that I still need to catch up on blogging about a few items I've knitted.

This is the hat and scarf set that I made for my Mom for Christmas. Thanks, Dad, for the pictures! For some reason I took some of the hat but never took any of the scarf!

The scarf is one of those diagonal ones that starts with a triangle, then builds with more triangles. It's a very neat yarn although the scarf gets very skinny as soon as you hold it up.

And here's an artistic shot:


These are some booties I made for DH's cousin, who had a baby back in June, I think! They might not fit, and I'm ashamed that it's taken me so long to get my act together.

The pattern is from Knitting for Baby by Melanie Falick and Kristin Nicholas. I love it! I think that baby booties with seams are ridiculous. Why make more work for yourself? I'm just a little opinionated about it. ;-) The yarn is King Cole's Baby Pure and it's great! I can see a lot of baby items made from this yarn. It's nylon and machine washable, which is definitely a good thing for baby stuff. Despite the color in the picture, they're actually a very very light violet.


Here's my Angel Pearls scarf, started at last! I'd been telling myself that I couldn't' start it until I finished Greg's sweater or one of my other lace projects OTNs, but I finally gave in.



Speaking of Greg's sweater, I've been working on the neck line. I did 4" of 2x2 rib, then did a rolled edge on top of that and didn't like it. Last night I ripped out the rolled edge and just bound off in pattern. I think it's going to be much nicer. Luckily I'm learning to NOT cut the yarn after the last bound-off stitch just in case.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen the scarf in person. It is very cool!

Theresa said...

Ooh, the scarf in the snow photo is gorgeous!

Mel said...

Everything looks loverly, Kat.

And not cutting the yarn before trying it on...always a good thing. :)

Especially on sleeves that are an inch too short and need some more length and it's just to horrendous to go on. (I fixed it, but it wasn't pretty.) LOL